The Abay Myrzakhmetov Kokshetau University was founded in 2000 as a result of new socio – economic changes taking place in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Abay Myrzakhmetov Kokshetau University – is a higher educational institution with highly skilled staff and pedagogical potential, good material and technical resources. It is one of the leading higher education institutions in the Republic of Kazakhstan providing licensed educational services conforming to modern requirements of the labor market.
The main mission of the university is to train competitive experts through modernization, development of corporate culture, systemic social policy
The aim of the university - is to train students with creative personalities who are professionally competent, and who conform to high standards of spirituality, morality, civic consciousness and patriotism.
The main activity directions of the university:
• is to provide quality educational services that meet the requirements of modern market conditions and to address the needs of society by preparing highly qualified and competitive specialists; the desire is to take a leading position in the market of educational services provided in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• is to teach students of Kazakhstan patriotism, tolerance, culture and respect for human rights and freedoms;
• is to strengthen the material and technical base further, by improving the educational and methodical, scientific, financial and human resources of the pedagogical process;
• is to continuously improve the university’s activities by employing quality management systems and ensuring full compliance with the high demands for quality education and expectations of the consumers (the students).
There are four faculties and twelve departments, which enable students to receive twenty four different bachelor’s degrees. Furthermore seven different military qualifications can be acquired at the military department. The lessons are conducted in Kazakh, Russian and English. Candidates can study ten different master’s degrees and if they want to they can study PhDs in two disciplines.
The University has the following departments:
• International relations, history and social work;
• Accounting and management;
• Foreign languages and translation;
• Information systems and informatics;
• Health and safety and environment protection;
• Design, cultural and leisure activities;
• Socio-pedagogical disciplines;
• Tourism, basic military training, physical culture and sports;
• Transport management, traffic and vehicle operation
• Military Department.
Abay Myrzakhmetov Kokshetau University provides study at 5 faculties in Russian and in a state languages on 24 bachelor degree specialties, 10 master degree specialties, 2 PhD specialties, and 7 military specialties.
Information about ratings and achievements of the university
- The university entered the international world of education after it had received the international quality management system ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- In 2005 the German company “TUVCERTTUVThuringene. V” issued the university with a certificate of quality, and in 2008 the certificate of the JSC "National Center of Examination and Certification" of the West Kazakhstan OPS branch was authorized.
- In 2010 the university signed the Great Charter of the Universities - the joint Bologna declaration in Italy. There were twenty other higher education institutions from Kazakhstan.
- The Kazakhstan Republic Universities Memorandum was signed in 2008 (The Taraz Declaration).
- In 2011 the university signed the Shymkent Declaration "Ensuring Quality of Higher Education in Kazakhstan".
- In 2010 the university successfully passed the national institutional accreditation according to the international standards of the National Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The university is a member of:
• the U.S. Agency of International Development (USAID);
• Europe Rectors Club (Oxford, Great Britain);
• Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, 2010);
• International Higher Education Academy of Sciences (IHEAS);
• German Academic Exchange Service(DAAD);
• Polish Republic Association of Rectors "Perspektiva";
• German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ);
• Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences (RAAS, Moscow)
• Commonwealth of Erudite Agrochemists and Agroecologists of "Agrokhimeсosodruzhestvo" (Moscow);
• The International Association of Researchers of the Children's Movement (Moscow);
• Global Partnership "Interaction with the Academic Circles of the United Nations (UN)";
Achievements of the university at the republican level:
In 2010 the "Council of Young Scientists of Higher Education Institution" became the best in the Republic of Kazakhstan and got a grant from the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Foundation.
In 2010 the university successfully passed the national institutional accreditation according to the international standards of National Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In 2012 a military department was opened. This department prepares students for seven military occupational specialties. Students are able to study for the MONRK state grant (i.e., free for students) to obtain a military identification card, the officer’s rank of lieutenant. The term of preparation is two years.
Since 2012 the university has successfully participated in the testing of TDMA graduate students, conducted by the National Testing Center of the Ministry of Education and Science. Among the one hundred and thirty two universities in Kazakhstan in 2015 based on our TDMA the university has an average result of ninety three points, which is above the average for all bachelor universities in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In 2013 the university received the national certificate and medal "Sala koshbasshysy", and was honored with the title "The leader of branch 2013", TOP-70 of the Common Classifier of Economic Activity (CCEA) among eighty five large enterprises of the country;
In 2015 the university successfully underwent the institutional accreditation according to standards of the Independent Agency of Accreditation and Rating (IAAR).
University provides training for government and university educational grants, as well as a fee for full-time, part-time, abbreviated forms of learning and the use of distance learning technologies.
The quality of the training of highly qualified specialists is confirmed by the high demand for them in the labor market. Annually ninety three percent of the graduates get employed.
Students and undergraduates studying on state grants; receive scholarships from the akim of Akmola region; scholarships from the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Talgat Mussabayev prizes; scholarships from Abay Myrzakhmetov; scholarships from the Rector of Abay Myrzakhmetov Kokshetau University.
The university has sufficient material and technical resources, a library and information systems to assist in the training of the students who study technical courses.
The university has seven educational buildings with specialized offices, multimedia auditoriums and laboratories equipped according to the requirements of the educational activities taking place there.
Forty five specialized laboratories equipped according to the modern requirements to the organization of educational process, dining rooms, first-aid posts, gyms, etc.
There are seven reading rooms for the students’ use. These include four electronic libraries and a wide range of educational and scientific literature.
The university opened a dormitory with two hundred and forty beds for students in 2015.
In September 2021, the Student House No. 2 was put into operation, designed for 590 places, which has all the conditions for a comfortable stay for students. The building was built according to the third initiative "Five Social Initiatives of the President". According to the results of the rating conducted by the Ministry of Education and Science, as well as the Alliance of Students, our Student House is recognized as one of the top, best hostels of the Republic of Kazakhstan.